WIDE WORLD OF NEWS DAYBOOK
* Electors across the nation meet to pick the president and vice president.
* 8pm ET: Joe Biden addresses the nation from Delaware.
* Always: Donald Trump doesn’t concede (tentative-ish).
* Throughout the day: The hope, challenges, and pomp of vaccine distribution continue.
* Off and on: Congressional negotiators send signals that are 2 parts encouraging and 7 parts discouraging about budget and pandemic relief talks, as the Gang of Romney-Manchin introduces its new/final-like twin proposals in the afternoon and the ball goes to Mitch McConnell’s court.
* At some point: Nancy Pelosi and Steve Mnuchin have a conversation to compare notes and seek common ground (scheduled).
HOW DOES IT ALL END?
Biden wins, Trump loses, Pelosi-McConnell start direct talks, and the Gang of 500 thanks Romney-Manchin for their service to America.
Read the rest here